Sunday, July 5, 2015

Longest Training Week, 19:11 Hours, 27 days to go....


This is my Journey into the World of Ironman. It's my journal/documentation of the ups and downs of what it takes to be an age-group athlete training for an Ironman triathlon. This is more of a way for me to remember what I am doing over the course of the training season, as any Ironman Athlete can tell you, sometimes the days can blur into one training day of swim, bike, run after another. So, while some may not find this at all interesting, those that wonder...could I do an Ironman? Do I have what it takes to do an Ironman? I give you a peek into my journey and days to complete my next Ironman.  Forgive any misspelled words/awkward sounding sentences. I'm pretty happy just to get them down on paper. Consider it a test of your mental skills to figure out what I'm saying. Hope you enjoy reading my journey.  I'll see you at the Finishline!!!


Current Training Totals:

Swim       69,750 yds             28:57 hr/min

Bike       1352.46  Miles       100:43 hr/min

Run         321:43  Miles         69:14 hr/min

Other/                                     30:15 hr/min
Strength




Overall  Training Time:       229:09 hr/min

This week is the longest training week of my plan. I have scheduled 18 plus hours.  I finished with 19:11 Hr/Min.

I also got my Bib Number for IMB 15!!!!




I see this as a challenge.  Like the "odds" are stacked against me. Like I have something to prove.  Well, I do.  It's called ....Redemption.   And I'm coming for you Boulder.  


Monday-  Today begins my long week. I came home from work and needed a 15 minute nap.  then I jumped on the trainer. And I was expecting this to be a tired, hard workout. But for some reason…It was good.  Once I got on the trainer, I was feeling strong. That nickels nap must of worked!!    I finished up my workout with a 25 min run in 93 degree heat. A good training workout. I felt good also. A nice easy run around the neighborhood.  


Tuesday-  Another hot day in the 90s, I was pretty tired again,  I took another nap, and then headed out late to the Y, only to forget my watch, back home and then back to the Y.  I got in my hour run on the treadmill. then into the pool i went, I did a long 3000 yds swim,  By half way through I was starting to feel shaky. Then insanely hungry. I had to stop and go get a quick “snack” before I could continue my swim.  Note to self….not enough calories today!



Wednesday-   Woke today and FINALLY got a ride outside. I did the Molt loop. I woke around 7 ish, got out the door around 8:30 ish. Then went up to Rimrock and headed out on the Molt Loop. It was a nice ride.  I enjoyed it. i felt pretty good, I stuck with going at the pace my coach wanted.  I got in some good hills. then I biked into Molt.  It’s safe to say, i don’ think it’s actually a “town”. I think there were 8 homes…and a post office.  I headed back home, and ended up riding into Laurel..where I took the Airport loop back to Billings, I managed to get in 60 miles by the time i pulled into my street.  Then I jumped on the trainer to finish out  the last 1:45 min with focused intervals. While it was hard, I was able to do the gradual build up.  I was kinda happy. I had planned to get my quick run in before heading out for a much needed hair cut, but I ran out of time. So a quick shower, and off I went to get my hair cut, run a few errands, and then home by 6 to get in my run. I had dinner, uploaded my data. Then , I got a call. The massage place had an 1 1/2 opening tomorrow for a massage.  I told them yes, i would take it and then planned my day accordingly.  I then tried to go to bed. But I was in so much pain from my legs being sore, that I had a hard time sleeping. SO I laid there until I was able to fall asleep.









Thursday— I woke around 7 AM and got the house cleaned up. Then I headed out on my longest run.  It was almost 3 hours. I am excited that I felt GOOD!!   I took my salts every mile, and my rocket fuel.  I did have to stop half way through, and had to refuel on some Mtn Dew. It gave me an extra kick.  I was also happy that my leg didn’t hurt as much as it did yesterday! 
I then went over to the Y and got in my swim in. Then I headed over to get a awesome Massage.  Heaven…then home to relax. aka….sleep


 recovery "snacks" all liquid of course


 salt 







Friday


Today is my longest swim yet. I had to get in 3900 yrds. I was worried about if I would have enough time. I got home and took my usual nickels nap, then headed over 1/2 hour early with the hopes that the pool would be empty with the holiday. I was RIGHT!! I was able to get in 15 min early. I slightly wished I could of gone earlier. But I got in the pool and went to work. I had work to do.  I managed to do 1000 yards with the paddles, but then I noticed my shoulder was bothering me.  And it got progressive as time went on. not horrible…but it wasn’t comfortable. I managed to finish. I was looking forward to the hot tub, but it was closed for repair. So long hot shower, and a quick trip to Lucky’s and I was home for the night.  I was tired, but excited that all my hard workouts are out of the way.  I only have two more to go.  And a Fun Run. :)





Saturday

I woke to a day off!  Happy 4th of July!!!   I slept in til 7 AM. Then I got up and took the dogs for a  run/walk .It was already  in the 70s out!! So we didn’t do to long of a walk. Then we got home, and I got on my trainer and got in my ‘easy” bike ride.  yeah, not so much. I’m glad i didn’t look at what I had to do until right before. Otherwise, i might have got  a bit of anxiety. I had to do 4 x 4 min all out.  I felt it. It was a tough workout, but I got it done!!! i felt good when I was done. Tired, but good. then I realized it was before noon. And I was free for the rest of the day. I didn’t know what to do!  So I took  shower, ran across town to do some minor shopping, then treated myself to a coffee, groceries and home. I enjoyed a bit of “sun” out back, it as in the high 90s. Radiating heat I’m sure made it over 100. I considered that  “heat Training”, then I came in, took a shower, and a 2 hour nap. then I got up and went to to the Freedom Run 5K. Another “heat training” plan. It was at 8:30 PM, which at that time, the temps were still 96 degrees according to my weather app. I had to wear “glowing” stuff. So I found a cool Ironman tank.   It was pretty cool if you ask me.   I started out faster then planned on the run, but I got caught up in the pace, and then I just ran with what felt comfortable, but also pushing it a little bit with what I could do in the heat.  It was nice that most of the neighbors were out, cheering us on, and spraying us all with their water hoses. I only was slightly worried, that the batteries of my shirt, could short circuit. But it was good in the end.   I ran across the finish line in 27:00 A new PR for a 5K. The last time I ever ran that fast was back in 2009. At a 5k race in Phx.  So……I enjoyed that run, I felt good and pushed hard at the end. I debated about sticking around for the fireworks, but honestly , I was tired. So I went’ home,  I got showered, and went to bed. 
somebody is hogging the fan. 






Sunday



Whew!! My last day of my longest training week!!  I have to admit, I’m tired. But I don’t feel insanely tired. I’ve really focused this week on eating really healthy (except for yesterday :))  And getting in enough water, getting all my supplements in.  I do feel pretty good for the most part, my legs are the only sore thing.  I felt it tonight on my 6 x hill repeats on the treadmill. I did my best to get my times, but my left leg was acting up a bit, so I just did what I could. and I made myself walk the last min of the 5 min “recovery” pace. I felt tired, my legs felt tired. But I didn’t quit.  I pushed through. And I finished.    I now am resting with my recovery compression socks on, feeling tired, but happy I got all my workouts in this week. I didn’t do my swim tonight, mainly because I can’t swim on the weekends. But I made up for it with an extra “fun” run last night. So I’m going to be happy with that, and excited to a all green week!  27 Days to Go!!




No comments:

Post a Comment