Sunday, March 25, 2018

Week 9- Feeling a bit back on track....

This is my Journey into my Return to Ironman- 2018. It's my journal/documentation of the ups and downs of what it takes to be an age-group athlete training for an Ironman triathlon. This is more of a way for me to remember what I am doing over the course of the training season.   As any Ironman Athlete can tell you, sometimes the days can blur into one training day of swim, bike, run after another. So, while some may not find this at all interesting, those that wonder...could I do an Ironman? Do I have what it takes to do an Ironman? I give you a peek into my journey and days to complete my next Ironman at Madison, Wisconsin on Sept. 9th, 2018.  Forgive any misspelled words/awkward sounding sentences. I'm pretty sure I'll be be happy just to get them down on the blog. Consider it a test of your mental skills to figure out what I'm saying. I hope you enjoy reading my journey. 



Overall Training Totals:

Swim           59,650 yds                26:41  hr/min

Bike            318.17  Miles             26:16  hr/min

Run             101.23 Miles              20:23  hr/min

Other/                                          5:00  hr/min
Strength

Overall  Training Time:                 78:20  hr/min





Well this week was better then last week. My allergies are still wrecking havoc on my AM training. I only made it to one AM session due to sleeping through all my alarms.    But I did manage to get all my workouts in except one swim. 




Monday: I woke late today. Slept through ALL my alarms( 5 of them?) and woke with a allergy migraine headache starting with enough time to walk the dogs and get ready for work. I did my Neti Pot. I got to work, and went through the day in an allergy induced fog. My bright spot was one of my coworkers brought me some snow!!   Somewhere, I even went to the store, bought coffee, my 5 hour for my headache, and a bunch of sugar.  I then immediately  shared with all my coworkers. I even bought whip cream to go on my pudding, which went in the fridge with my chocolate chip cookie dough I also bought.  I bought ALOT of sugar. (I am happy to report as of today, Sunday, the end of the week, I still have about 3/4 of it in the fridge. I didn't go wild and eat it. And honestly I lost the craving. Score!!)   
I got home and did get in my bike workout and I then stretched a bit, and took hot shower, and went to bed. 





Tuesday: Determined to make up my missed swim, I had my butt up and out of bed by 4:30 AM, I got to the pool and got in my swim, I felt happy. I got a few minutes in the hot tub too. Home, neti pot and off to work. I then went after work to the gym to get in my run.  Home, stretch, walk dogs, hot shower, neti pot, bed.







Wednesday: SLEPT IN AGAIN!!  Crazy fatigue, allergies raging.  Neti Pot. I am taking Tylenol Sinus, which while  it helps with all the sinus pressure,  it's wrecking havoc on my gut. I have such uncomfortable pain. I have to make sure I eat so much food with it. I have been doing my best to try to avoid it, it's not good for my gut, and i'm sure my years of taking IBP are wrecking me on the inside.  I got home still feeling crappy, but forced myself to get on my bike, which went by surprisingly fast, and I was off to my hot shower, dinner and bed. 





Thursday:  Yep, no AM workout again. But the sky cleared up for me to get in my run in the PM on the ocean, so bonus. That was pretty beautiful. However, My allergies were crazy on my run, horrible when I got home, so neti pot to help.  Hot shower.  Read. Bed. I had some insomnia  tonight.  And some restless legs, so I got up to get something for it, and somebody, swooped in to steal my spot.  I love the look in his eyes, innocent, please don't make me move, I like the warm spot look.   










Friday: Woke to yet again no alarms.  I resolved to just go after work.  So I went to work, slight allergy haze. I got though the day and off to swim. I felt better in my swim tonight, while still feeling tired, I got in some good 100 intervals with my ROKA shorts of course. Then some blessed time in the hot tub to work out some of the kinks.  Off to work to pick up my lunch I would eat for dinner. On my way home, I saw a sweet dog running down the road in the rain, when I slowed down, she followed me, then when I stopped to check her tags, she jumped right up in the car with me. I called her owners. And then Josie and I hung out listening to the rain and waiting for them to show up.  They were sweet and offered me a dozen of farm fresh eggs as a thank you.   Then I was home, dogs walked, hot shower and book and bed.  This is so exciting to me. I know it sounds lame, but I never have enough energy to stay awake and read during my ironman training. So I feel blessed i can do it. 


Tulip Tree flowers, bigger than my hand. 




Sometimes, you need to just take a leap, I did. It felt good. No Regrets. 



Saturday:  I slept in again......seriously? this is pissing me off a bit, I actually enjoy getting my AM workout now, and my body is just laughing at me and sleeping right though those alarms. GRRRRRRRR  I got up and got the dogs walked, the got all my stuff setup on the bike, only to have my battery die in my foot pod for my Wahoo.  20 min trip to the store to pick up a new battery, I was finally on my trainer by 9:30 -10 ish.  And got in my long ride. Had my first brick today, I was going to run off the bike for 2 miles. Which was actually not bad, I was surprised that while I felt crappy, with that crazy HEAVY leg feeling. I actually ran a decent pace for my two miles for me. Then when I got home, I was thankful for the hot shower, and passed out with the dogs for a long afternoon nap while food cooked in the crock pot.  I'm in a book reading stage right now, craving knowledge and reading everything I can get my hands on. My list is getting longer, and I need more time in a day to read it all. 


I now have 3 spare on hand...

I got it done. 



I learned that Glass Beach is exactly .91 miles from my rental. :) 


Sunday: well surprise. I slept in AGAIN. This time until 9 AM, I don't know the last time I slept in that late?  I got up, had breakfast, took dogs for a nice walk, then decided to do some Cozy Chair Chillin before my run. I love sitting here, with the sun streaming in the window, relaxing music playing and the pups cozy at my side.  Its hard to go get myself motivated to go run. But I will....I will...


at least I wasn't running this slow.

Never gets old...never





No comments:

Post a Comment