Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 8- Can it really be called a training week?

This is my Journey into my Return to Ironman- 2018. It's my journal/documentation of the ups and downs of what it takes to be an age-group athlete training for an Ironman triathlon. This is more of a way for me to remember what I am doing over the course of the training season.   As any Ironman Athlete can tell you, sometimes the days can blur into one training day of swim, bike, run after another. So, while some may not find this at all interesting, those that wonder...could I do an Ironman? Do I have what it takes to do an Ironman? I give you a peek into my journey and days to complete my next Ironman at Madison, Wisconsin on Sept. 9th, 2018.  Forgive any misspelled words/awkward sounding sentences. I'm pretty sure I'll be be happy just to get them down on the blog. Consider it a test of your mental skills to figure out what I'm saying. I hope you enjoy reading my journey. 








Overall Training Totals:

Swim           51,925 yds                23:24  hr/min   

Bike         264.15  Miles                20:50  hr/min

Run            75.03 Miles                15:42  hr/min

Other/                                          3:00  hr/min
Strength

Overall  Training Time:               Something different but very similar. 



This week sucked.  

I  began with my fun awesome horrible female issues, killing my first two days of training. 

Then, the allergies and migraine came for the next two days....








Then while I felt somewhat better, I still couldn't work out, I did my PT exercises and felt my headache come on with minimal exertion. So I went to the Ocean to try and relax...  Saw some llamas...cool sea things...








Then I got back on track on Thursday, Friday




DayLight Savings killed my AM sun...




Saturday- while excited, I tried to make my heart explode out of my chest while running the 10K race with my HR in the 170s for the last mile. This killed me for the rest of the day, and all of Sunday.  I didn't feel like posting anything, but I should probably remember how crappy my week was. I'll look at it as growing pains for returning to Ironman Training. 





I channeled my inner creative side, meditative and relaxing  (low HR activity)


I at least got a reset on my healthy eating on Sunday. I threw out all junk, I cooked healthy food. I slept all day, while my lungs hurt.  I feel like crap, it has thrown me in to a very deep self pity party right now. And I'm working my way out, but I've sunk kinda deep.  Blahhhhhhh.    




No comments:

Post a Comment