Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Build Week Three

So..I'm on my last big build week before my three week taper to my Half Ironman Race. I've got a few things down for nutrition at the moment. I've done several long rides at 3:00 , 3:30, 4:00 and 4:30. So far I'm learning that at about hours 2:30 to 3:00 I need something solid in my stomach. Right now that seems to be a Peaunt butter Snickers from Roberts' Market Gas station on the route of our ride.  And I take in about 8 oz of Coke. Which will be offered at the Ironman race for quick sugar. 

     I also have been introduced to a new produe by advoare.                  www. advocare.com. One item called Rehydrate..which helps balance out your electrolytes and provides amino acids. I'm happy to say the last three times I've used it..I have had no nausea at the end of my ride and I'm able to eat a good meal within my recover time.
      I had a brick workout last Saturday, and I tried another product called Spark (An energy drink from advocare). It's a vitamin and amino acid supplement, but natural. I was pretty jittery right after I took it. But I jumped in the water and did 3400 yrds in the pool (and felt great!), and hour ride( with about 900 elevation gain in a mile) and and hour run. I felt great. Right up until the last 15 min of the run where I was getting over heated in the 85 plus degree temps. By the time I got back to my car I was super dizzy..so luckily I had ice in my cooler, and filled my water bottle, and proceeded to dose myself over the head for the next 15 min laying on the ground with my feet up in the air.   I was then able to drive home...and thankfully EAT!!     So...I'm becoming a believer in the advocare products..and I'm going to be using them diluted in my water for training. If you are interested in getting some..then let me know..I have someone who is able to help me out.  

Today I hit exhaustion....I made it to swim...got in 2550 yds..but was just spent...so I skipped my 30 min Zone 1 trianing so that I can be more rested for my last long workout of the build week this weekend. A Five hour ride on Sunday and on Saturday a 1:30 swim and a 2:00 run.

I've got to figure out what to do about the heat...that's the 3rd time the heat is getting to me. I must not be getting enough electrolytes...so I need to keep working on that.

Now it's off for dinner an early to bed. I am exhausted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment