Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Flip Turns!

Tonight in swim class I learned how to do flip turns. It felt GREAT!! I have not even attempted to try flip turns  for over a year, because I always felt like I never had enough air to breathe and couldn't hold my breath without freaking out in the water, especially if I was upside down!  Well..after a few practices I started to feel good about it, and so I swam a 100 yds with a minor issue here and there. But then I got focused, and got in to an amazing rhythm and started just doing one after the other. I did 600 yds with good breathing, good technique, no shoulder pain,  I felt relaxed, I felt "in the moment" and like I could go forever!  I think I just had a break through for feeling more confidnet in the water. I was on a flip turn high tonight when I was done! One step closer to Ironman!  I'll be using this experience to help me get through my next race and visualize my swim!

1 comment: