Monday, May 7, 2018

Week 13 ,14, 15....in pictures, and bullet points. Short and Sweet.

This is my Journey into my Return to Ironman- 2018. It's my journal/documentation of the ups and downs of what it takes to be an age-group athlete training for an Ironman triathlon. This is more of a way for me to remember what I am doing over the course of the training season.   As any Ironman Athlete can tell you, sometimes the days can blur into one training day of swim, bike, run after another. So, while some may not find this at all interesting, those that wonder...could I do an Ironman? Do I have what it takes to do an Ironman? I give you a peek into my journey and days to complete my next Ironman at Madison, Wisconsin on Sept. 9th, 2018.  Forgive any misspelled words/awkward sounding sentences. I'm pretty sure I'll be be happy just to get them down on the blog. Consider it a test of your mental skills to figure out what I'm saying. I hope you enjoy reading my journey. 



Overall Training Totals:

Swim           87,350 yds                38:01  hr/min

Bike            493.84  Miles             41:12  hr/min

Run             193.21 Miles             33:55 hr/min

Other/                                          7:00  hr/min
Strength

Overall  Training Time:                 120:08  hr/min







Week 13



Monday April 16th, 2018

Swim completed.   Nothing to exciting. 




The Iris are blooming outside my rental. 

Tuesday April 17, 2018


Sometimes, you just have to take the day off.  And a Healing Singing Bowl Meditation seems like the perfect thing to do to try and get you aligned back up and feeling better with all your health crap.   It was kinda cool. Plus, there were bright shiny objects to look at.  Some vibrated through the floor, and right up my spine, it was kinda cool.   






Wednesday April 18, 2018 

Indoor training ride. Dogs were not impressed...





Thursday April 19,2018

Easy 4 mile run, it was windy. 






Friday April 20, 2018 

Easy 4 Mile Run.  Nothing exciting.




Saturday April 21st, 2018

I Procrastinated the day away.

I was nervous to get on the bike

I read a book
I took two naps
I did  laundry
I walked the dogs for two hours
I FINALLY got my ass on my bike at 4PM....
I rode until 9:35 PM

No EXCUSES!!!  Got it done.






Sunday April  22nd, 2018 


Got in my longest run to date.  10 Miles.  It felt good.  Sore from my bike, but good. 



Week 14

Monday April 23, 2018

Missed my AM swim...boo

Got home and got my bike done on the trainer.

Immediately got changed and headed to swim

Locked myself out of the house. 

Thankfully the landlord was home and got me squared away.

Off to swim.  

Done.  







Tuesday April 24, 2018

Got in my run, even with it cloudy, the ocean was moody and mysterious and lovely. 




Wednesday April 25th, 2018

FINALLLY got my butt back in the AM to the pool. IT felt WONDERFUL!!!!





PM Bike....gettin it done. BASE style.



Thursday, April 26th, 2018

Nothing like sweating like a pig on my interval sprints.  Felt good!!

Friday April 27th, 2018.  

I got in my AM swim. IT felt good. I'm tired, but good. Then in the evening, I spent 4 hours, tweaking my rear derailer to get my stupid bike to shift better, I was super frustrated, cried a few times, watched Wahoo videos over and over. an felt like I wanted to throw my trainer away, but then I got it to work for most of the gears.   I also got a free trial of Zwift to try out for tomorrows long ride.  



Saturday April 28th, 2018

I was nervous about today. I signed up for a free two weeks of Zwift. WOW!! That really made the time fly. AND, I got 65 miles in the same amount of time it took to do 45miles the week before!  What the heck??? This though, felt more my pace and speed, I actually felt  like i was REALLY riding my bike.  Whew...not fast, but I got it done. Then off for a 3 mile brick run, Heavy legs. 





Sunday April 29th, 2018

Great easy 8 mile trail run along the Coastal trail. The wild flowers are amazing right now!!!





Week 15

Monday April 30th, 2018




Good Solid swim this am. It's nice to see it getting light in the AM again!!!



Hard ass bike ride. the Wahoo and I didn't get along again, It's as though it stopped and I went from an easy pedal, to a 10% grade hill pedal.  Reset it, nothing happened. So I  Pushed hard, and now I messed up my back. 


Tuesday May 1, 2018

HAPPY May Day!!!   And Happy Fu*ked up my back on my bike ride yesterday. Radiating leg pain down my left this time.  And painful to lean left, feels like i aggrieved my bulging discs.  Back is super tight, back pain intense.  Spinal precautions to keep my pain semi under control.   
  


Wednesday May 2nd, 2018


Giant Green Anemones!!!!   Beach tide pool exploring...when you can't workout, go get some Vitamin Sea!!!











Thursday, May 3rd, 2018

Back felt better today, Decided to go for an easy swim to see how it felt versus a run.    First workout back since hurt back on Monday.  It felt good, no issues. Minor back pain after two hours. 







Friday, May 4th, 2018



Beach Night, Bonfire on the Beach with the co-workers, Yeti full of drinks and snacks,  Homemade "Lucy Goosey" wine ,  Ukulele fun, Sparkler Fun, Meeting new random people who wandered onto our campfire.  Great times! Little River in Mendo.










Someone just learned how to open her first ever bottle of wine! 



Josh helping immortalize some of my Memories of Fort Bragg, in a song. 




Saturday, May 6, 2018


Woke to a slightly not so happy headache/migrane/hangover.   I got my hair cut in the mid morning, I explored the shops in Mendo one last time, and Fort Bragg. Got in a easy 30 min ride, and relaxed for the night and got ready for tomorrows race. 





Sunday, May 7th, 2018




Ave of the Giants 1/2 Marathon Race. 

Woke at 4:30 AM

Drove 2 hours North up to the Redwoods.  Saw 6 deer. 

Mid 50s, with clouds.

The views were amazing!

I started very conservative, I stopped and took pictures, I even looked up a lot to look at the trees  (see photographic proof below)

I got to mile 9, looked at my watch and thought...hmmmm, could I really be on pace for a PR???   Is that even possible? I'm not even trying?  Okay well, I guess it's time to see.  

The course was 13.23 in distance, so when I looked down and saw my time at 13.1, i hit the lap button, I had a 5 min PR, When I ran across the finish line, I had a 4 min PR.  2:24:18.  I'll take it!!!  


I got a negative split.....by one second.(see pic below)  

 Hello Beautiful Trees...





Ahhhh...cold cold ice river water, and very painful acupressure rocks....


Hit my lap button at 13.1, then at the finish.  


I honestly didn't feel like i was working that hard....


New official 1/2 Marathon PR!!!  Last one was in 2015  (2:28:45) 


This is a Negative Split right?????



No comments:

Post a Comment