Sunday, April 15, 2018

Week 12: The Antibiotics are on Board....

This is my Journey into my Return to Ironman- 2018. It's my journal/documentation of the ups and downs of what it takes to be an age-group athlete training for an Ironman triathlon. This is more of a way for me to remember what I am doing over the course of the training season.   As any Ironman Athlete can tell you, sometimes the days can blur into one training day of swim, bike, run after another. So, while some may not find this at all interesting, those that wonder...could I do an Ironman? Do I have what it takes to do an Ironman? I give you a peek into my journey and days to complete my next Ironman at Madison, Wisconsin on Sept. 9th, 2018.  Forgive any misspelled words/awkward sounding sentences. I'm pretty sure I'll be be happy just to get them down on the blog. Consider it a test of your mental skills to figure out what I'm saying. I hope you enjoy reading my journey. 



Overall Training Totals:

Swim           59,650 yds                26:41  hr/min

Bike            318.17  Miles             26:16  hr/min

Run             105.23 Miles              21:13  hr/min

Other/                                          5:00  hr/min
Strength

Overall  Training Time:                 79:10  hr/min








I have not much to say about this week. I had my doctors appt on Monday, and she agreed to get some bloodwork done. 


A neighbor down the street has lilacs blooming, I smell them every time I walk the dogs, It reminds me of my Grandmas lilacs. 



Tuesday morning, I went and got my blood work down in the AM, then when I got home from work, I went and did a easy 4 mile run.  I stopped along the way and got some Vitamin Sea.  










Wednesday, I slept, continued to feel crappy. Bought a water bottle for some pain, and even got some super expensive tea from a local. But it tastes good. I never would of pegged myself for liking tea, but I'm starting to enjoy it. 







Thursday I woke still feeling crappy. I called the doctor here, and req to see if  could get checked for a sinus infection. My Allergies keep getting worse, my head swirls when I clench my upper jaw. Even after a neti pot, Zyrtec at night, and Tynolel sinus during the day, I am getting no relief. I started to have sinus pain in my head and my nose. So, the doctor saw me in the afternoon.  After review of my bloodwork, which was perfect.  My B12, was only 25 points off the highest level.  I finally talked about sinus infection. She didn't feel I was showing the true symptoms (severe pain in sinus/head), unless I had a high tolerance for pain.  Which I briefly chatted bout my Ironman training, my gallbladder attack during the race with a two minute PR.  She looked up in my nose/sinuses, proceeded to block one nostril and asked me to  prove that I could actually breath through that.   Then sent me home with heavy antibiotics, steroid spray, and probiotics.  I'm three days out, and starting to feel better.  So hopefully I have figured out what I'm dealing with.  She wanted me to take off a week of training, but I said I already have. We agreed to take the weekend off and start back on Monday, slowly. And stop and rest if I felt worse. And only because my pool is salt water did she agree to let me start back in that until I had all my antibiotics in. So I get a nose plug. I already wear ear plugs.   


400 calories or I vomit.  Ensure for breakfast



Friday/Saturday   Since I had to take time off from training, I channeled my inner Uke Dork, and explored the local Use Festival in Fort Bragg for the weekend.  It was held at the Redwood Senior Center. And between the four of us travelers... We were the youngest of 90 people there, all over 65 and very dedicated to their craft.   Then a adorable under 10 yr old showed up.      






It could contain wine.....



Adorable cutie, he was also wearing shorts....

There was some blurry memories of the night. 

It's an Iron Thing....



My use

Blues in A

Hawaiian Fun.


Also going on was what they call a Fringe Festival for April in Fort Bragg.  I have to say, this was my favorite local entertainment. I did not go because i was at the Uke Festival.  But it was advertised in the local news paper. on Page 2. 



Sunday:  Woke to a migraine...my antibiotics are working, cause I haven't had one in  a while with my allergies and infection. Then I of course took my meds without enough food not thinking cause I was tired. So I spent the day with nausea and in bed.  I will be back to training on Monday.  My coach has adjusted my intensity level for me.  At least I did manage in the evening to get in a little vitamin Sea.     







No comments:

Post a Comment