Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week Seven for FC Coaching/Training


Disclaimer:  This blog is a documentation of my now second Ironman Journey for AZ Ironman 2013.  Format will be random, i.e. quick journal format, random thoughts, motivational quotes, pictures of random moments and memories along my journey. For the most part, it’s documentation for me and may not be to exciting for anyone else to read, but for those of you brave enough to ever wonder…could I do an Ironman or even just a triathlon?  I then offer you a firsthand account of what goes on in the mind of an Ironman age group triathlete including all the highs, lows, emotions, fears, rants, etc, etc.   Please forgive any spelling mistakes as I’m sure I am just happy to get everything written down, just chalk it up to fatigue from lots of training! 


Current Stats Overall:

SWIM:  ~145,862 Yds   
BIKE: ~ 911.06 Miles    
RUN: ~   289.55 Miles   
Strength: ~ 23:55 hr/min
Other      ~ 10:51 hr/min (PT, Stretch, etc. )
Total Training Hours:  226:38 hours/minutes

So Week Seven of the FC training plan was actually a “recovery week”, but since I have had way to much slack time in MT. It was actually the first full week I got in my entire workouts. And it felt really good!!  Thank God!!
Monday was scheduled rest day. I wish though that I would have hit the pool cause I have such limited time for swimming, I had to really revamp my week. So I plan on not having Mondays off. It’s going to have to be later in the week. I did get in a PT session for my leg. It’s starting to feel bit better.
Tuesday I did my run. Like I actually did a RUN!!! I did all 5.5 miles outside, around my neighborhood, and it felt REALLY GOOD!  Like , no hip pain when I was running. I felt more when I stopped and took a rest break/walk.  I still did my 2 min walk, 5 min run. But man was it exciting to finally get in five miles. I haven’t done that since June.
Wednesday, I got home from work and jump on my trainer and got in my bike ride, my distance I know is less on the trainer so I’m looking forward to seeing how it looks on the road.  Then I headed over to the Y and got in my swim. Had some possessive old people in the pool who weren’t very friendly with sharing the lanes, but I finally got a lane and got my workout in.
Thursday I had another bike ride on the trainer with Threshold training. It was a bit painful, but I got in about 13 ish miles. Friday was back to the pool for 2400 yds. I’m not sure what’s up with the older people at the Y lately, They usually are nice and we all get along. It’s like I left, came back and they think I’m a newbie and am invading their turf?? Not sure. Regardless, I got in my time, and got out.   
Saturday I decided to get my bike in, because the weather was not going to cooperate for Sunday. I ended up sleeping in til noon. My body was just done, I think it needed more recovery than I realized.  So I was on the trainer doing my TEMPO time and it was a bit rough, but got it done, Then I got in some VO2 max efforts…they were hard, but I think I still could of pushed more. It’s just hard on the trainer. Then I was off to run three miles at an easy pace. Here is where the Magic happened. I did all three miles, at my old pace, with only two rest breaks. With NO PAIN!! I was ecstatic that I was able to do that!  I was sore from the bike, my hamstrings were somewhat tight, but I think the bike loosened my legs up enough that I was able to run pain free. This is an exciting thought for my race in 84 days!!! I have been starting to freak out a bit that I’m  not going to be ready enough for my race, that the less volume from this training plan is not going to be enough. But this just gave me a huge mental boost that I finally am getting back to being able to run. I missed that feeling of running, so much.
Sunday I woke and headed over to the Y and got in another 5 miles, but on the treadmill, the plan was outside, but once I got ready to go run, The Light drizzle turned to downpour. So I packed up my stuff and headed over to the Y. I got the run done, and after some minor debating, was able to get in the pool and got in 40 minutes for my “open water swim” that I couldn’t do.  I felt sore, but the swim helped loosen up my hip after the run. I can tell that running outside is going to be more friendly to my hip then the treadmill. And I could actually go at a faster pace outside, so I’ll be thankfully, hopefully getting outside more for my runs.  I spent the rest of the day, heading over to Sedona to hang out with some good friends I haven’t seen in a long time. It was really nice to see everyone, and be able to be there for Jean’s 60th birthday!!!
So, on to Week Eight. I just got my training plans for the next three weeks. I have to seriously look at if I can go to Yosemite in mid September. I am not so sure I can take one more week off of training, since I missed so much while in MT. I hate the idea of missing out on Yosemite again. But it’s also in a middle of a Rim Fire which has a lot of the areas closed, and I really want to hike Half Dome, which I still don’t even have a permit to hike up yet, and I want to watch out for my hip to not get worse. So darn it, I think I have my answer right there. Because I know if I go, I will try and do it, even if I shouldn’t.  I was hoping I could swing it, but maybe, once again, I have to let it go. I’ll look again to make sure…

If it’s
Challenging you,
Testing you,
And Pushing you…
It’s helping you
Become more of
Who you’re meant

To BE!

No comments:

Post a Comment