Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week Five/Six of FC Coaching/Training

Disclaimer:  This blog is a documentation of my now second Ironman Journey for AZ Ironman 2013.  Format will be random, i.e. quick journal format, random thoughts, motivational quotes, pictures of random moments and memories along my journey. For the most part, it’s documentation for me and may not be to exciting for anyone else to read, but for those of you brave enough to ever wonder…could I do an Ironman or even just a triathlon?  I then offer you a firsthand account of what goes on in the mind of an Ironman age group triathlete including all the highs, lows, emotions, fears, rants, etc, etc.   Please forgive any spelling mistakes as I’m sure I am just happy to get everything written down, just chalk it up to fatigue from lots of training! 

Current Stats Overall:

SWIM:  ~139,812 Yds   
BIKE: ~ 852.49 Miles    
RUN: ~   275.95 Miles   
Strength: ~ 23:55 hr/min
Other      ~  10:51 hr/min ( PT, Stretch, etc. )
Total Training Hours:  216:57 hours/minutes

I’m lumping these two weeks together, because basically, they just sucked. I was back at work on Monday the 5th after my hike to Mystic Lake the day before. Began my packing for leaving at the end of the week. I only got in a swim on Tuesday for 1800 yds. The rest of the week was focused on wrapping up final details with work and leaving, and getting ready to head out to Glacier National Park on Friday and Saturday, then to Grand Tetons Sunday, and home Monday/Tuesday.  It was an insane whirlwind of a week. Five days in a car, plus hotels with two dogs.  I had an awesome trip. I decided that I never know when I’ll ever be this close to Glacier National Park, and I’d be a fool to not go check it out.  It was amazing!! Going to the Sun Road….beautiful! I can’t believe it was done back in the 30s. Just unreal how they made it happen.







well, I at least got in a three mile trail run to Hidden Lake :)






yeah...next time, I'll be on that bike!!

Made it home late Tuesday night.  Had “jetlag” again when I got home, I think me and the dogs slept for two days straight.  I did get back in the pool at the Y on Thur and Friday. Was nice to get in a good swim. Both days. Got a  small two mile run in also on Friday.  Saturday, my body was not done with jetleg…so I slept most of that day away as well. But I felt good on Sunday and got in a 3 hour ride. Was supposed to be 4 hours. And a three loop course to “simulate” race day. I had to stop at two, cause my knee was tweaking really bad. Got home and iced and rested. Hoping it was just a bit of overuse since I haven’t done that long a ride for a couple weeks. 
Watched my coaches do IM MT. And well, it helped me get my focus back a bit. I have exactly 13 weeks to my IMAZ. It’s time to get to work. It’s time to get re focused on why I’m doing it, and back on a routine.  I’m looking forward to the hard work ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment