Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Week One: Ironman Training Aug. 22nd – Aug. 28th ,2011

Just got back from an awesome trip home to see the family. I spent one solid week of no biking, running or swimming. I must admit it was nice to take a break and sleep in and just visit with family and friends before I get back in to the official 13 week training plan for my Ironman.  What I hope to document here is the next 13 weeks of my Ironman Journey. I’m not sure exactly how I’m going to do this. I may do it in a quick journal format with my random thoughts…which may be more for me then anyone excited to read, but If your ever considering doing  an Ironman…then you can read about what goes through my mind in the training process. Highs, lows, emotions, fears, rants, etc., etc.  Hope you Enjoy!
Monday -  Had today off of work, so I got back in the flow of things. I had an early 1 hr run with one of my running buddies on Iron King. It was HOT. I was feeling pretty overheated by mile four, and I wonder if a week of completely off of all exercise may or may not of been a reason.  And back from sea level to 5000 feet. I then had my swim in the PM and did good, got In 2000yds. Was supposed to do my # 1 Swim workout, but did easy form since I was off a week. Same with run.  Felt good to get back in the flow.
Tuesday--- I hammered it hard on my ride ,I did a 17 mph pace for an hour ride. It felt good!  But, I felt it in my back L  Not so good.
Wednesday—I did my #1 workout today for swim, but again my back was sore, again…I think from going from a week off to full force again. Did an easy 30 run. My left foot strike for 15 seconds was around 21. 
Thursday—Okay I needed the day off, back cont to hurt..took a pain pill. Attempted a nap, watched a movie vegged out on couch
Friday--- Ugh…so I had a mental day. I could Not for the life of me get my butt to do a simple one hour ride on my bike. I took a mental health day L  Back cont to hurt, and I was tired.
Saturday---Dedicate to do a time trial for run as I took two days of rest off. So I was scheduled for a 1:45 run after work. I had to bail on swim cause again I was working, but I’ve decided in Sept that I’m going to have to get a membership at the Y to get more swim time in.   I decided after work to go to Iron King and warmed up with one mile. Then I hammered it on my 3 mile time trial run. I ran it in 26:26 with a HR of 170 avg.  I did nine miles total. Whew…back that’s all I’m going to say.
Sunday--- Ride was rough, mainly cause I was tanked from hard run yesterday and didn’t recover well . did get in a 3 hour ride with 45 miles. Was hard to do without my riding partner Stacy. But I did it.
 This was a hard week. But again I’m getting back into the flow due to being off for a week, and only taking a week recovery from my 70.3 HALF IRONMAN!!!! Got to give my body a break to get back in the flow.   Only did 9:15 hr/min this week….

No comments:

Post a Comment