Sunday, December 3, 2017

Catching up on the 43 List.....It's been awhile.

My Journey on a Break from Ironman.  Sometimes, life just tells you, you need a break. So this year. After a long year of training in 2016. I’ve given myself permission to not do an Ironman for 2017.  It was a tough decision. Because I think I have been using Ironman training as a way to cope and avoid a lot of other things in my life. I used it as a way to not fully engage in life, and the things that I’ve not allowed myself to think about because I’ve been to scared to admit them to myself.  So this year, is my  “Year of Taking Control of the Basics”. My Health, My Wealth, and my Happiness.




Well, It's been awhile since I've last posted. Seems I've been out working on my 43 list and forgetting to actually document it. Although, I'm sure it's really only for me anyway.  It's been a crazy last 5 months.  This soul searching and digging into my demons has really pushed me to my limits some days. I've been going dark more than I like too. But I think this is exactly what I have to do. I'm never going to push out of this if I don't face my fears, face what scares the hell out of me, grieve for lost chances and try and have no regrets.  It's definitely a roller coaster ride, one that has been crazy difficult. Those dark moments have been a bit harder to pull out of lately. But hopefully it's just me, healing for better things to come.  God I hope so, I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.   I'm getting smacked right in the face by my demons, and it's making me a hot mess.  

On to my 43 List.....


#32   Glass Beach in Fort Bragg, CA.  (7-3-17)  








#4  Visit Museums   (7-5-17)   Glass Beach, well, it does go along with my #32. Who knew Sea Glass could glow???






#8   Go hiking/waterfalls   ( June, July, Aug, Sept)   Like somewhere several times a month?  









#22  Run on the Beach  (June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov., Dec)  








#19  Live on the Ocean for the Summer  ( July to Present)  Well, I did wish I had an assignment on the ocean. And honestly, Fort Bragg fell into my lap. Very last minute, very karma-y in how it happen. I obviously needed to be here, to work on my 43 List and my demons. 


















#36   Sea Kayak on the Ocean through caves.  (9-6-17)  SO FREAKING COOL!!!!




#37  Hug a Redwood Tree....or two.   ( 9-10-17  /   11-6-17)  Great trip with my good friends Leslie and Joy coming to visit me. 







#7  Release a Paper Lantern at a Festival.  (10-6-17)     So Breathtaking, beautiful, emotional.  The RISE Festival in Las Vegas. 











#17    Tell someone how you really feel about them.  No Regrets. 










No comments:

Post a Comment