Sunday, May 29, 2016

Better Late then Never.... Training up to St George.

This is my Journey into the World of Ironman. It's my journal/documentation of the ups and downs of what it takes to be an age-group athlete training for an Ironman triathlon. This is more of a way for me to remember what I am doing over the course of the training season, as any Ironman Athlete can tell you, sometimes the days can blur into one training day of swim, bike, run after another. So, while some may not find this at all interesting, those that wonder...could I do an Ironman? Do I have what it takes to do an Ironman? I give you a peek into my journey and days to complete my next Ironman.  Forgive any misspelled words/awkward sounding sentences. I'm pretty happy just to get them down on paper. Consider it a test of your mental skills to figure out what I'm saying. Hope you enjoy reading my journey.



Current Training Totals:

Swim       76,180 yds               31:32 hr/min

Bike         678.17  Miles         57:57 hr/min

Run          283.94  Miles         61:11 hr/min

Other/                                      24:30 hr/min
Strength

Overall  Training Time:         175:10 hr/min



My last post was April 17th.  I've been a huge slacker on my blog this time around.  Maybe it's because I have done it all before.  and I'm not sure what new things I have to say. But I think I do. I think this is a great example of how the journey can go and you get side tracked and back tracked, and then think you'll get stuff done and you end up choosing to sleep instead.  So, this is the short and sweet version of the three weeks before my St George 70.3 race.   At least it will be a quick read :)



My last two weeks In Billings for training were Mediocre at best. I had almost, almost as many red days and green days on the training plan.  I was tired, I was packing, I was feeling painful on my SI joint, I was exhausted.





Happy Smiles, with ETOH involved. These girls are awesome!!! 

Mary....One day....I'll be there...I'm sure it will happen. :) 



Small worlds.  

I am slowly getting the shoe thing figured out. My Glycerin 13's seem to be working, as the New Balance 1080s. I've never done the whole rotate between two shoes for running, but I seem to be embracing this, this time around. Even with my minimal space with packing in my Outback, I'm making it happen.

That brought up more fun, with packing.  My Wahoo Kicker box was bigger then my Kurt Kinetic, so I had to do some "rearranging" of my stuff.  I had to donate a few things to the rental, which was not by choice.

I managed to get out for  a night or two of dinner and drinks with the Billings Crew, which was so nice to do. I had a wonderful time here. It was to short, but I loved getting a chance to see everyone again. I will definitely be back at some point. I have dubbed Billings, my Traveling "home".  That's how fond I am of the people there.


I got all packed up by the 29th, I even managed to be packed by 7 pm, and have the rest of the evening to relax.  Unheard of for me. But definitely needed. I was so tired.


I got a early start, out the door by 7:30 AM, for me anyway. Got my last City Brew Coffee for the road and I was on my way back to AZ.   I luckily at the last minute was able to rent a house from my best friends father-in-law.  And it was a truly lucky thing, because I was running out of options, where I would not of maybe made it to AZ.    I drove  to Salt Lake City that day.  I got in to my "regular" hotel on the trip. The guy at the  desk recognized me, and knew I had two dogs, and two bikes and I needed a down stairs room.  Then He even called my room after I settled in to make sure I was okay. VIP treatment!!!  And, NO, He was about 15 years younger than me.
You know you are in, when you made the wall of faces...:) 


My home in Billings this round.  


On May first I drove to Prescott, stopping off at the famous Jacob Lake on the North Rim for the best cookies in the world. Then Headed down and made it to Prescott by 5 ish.  I got settled into what is know as the "rock house"  But I'm calling it the "Little House on the Prairie" house. Its your classic, tiny home living.  I have saloon doors into my "bedroom". I can walk it from one side to the other in about 10 steps. and I have to do a weird, step in. turn, shut door, rotate, open shower door, rotate, shut door to get in to the bathroom.  I'm discovering that all my desires to live in a tiny house may not work for me, as 1/2 the stuff I had in my car, went to my storage unit.  So..I may have an answer to that questions.


Bathroom/Gas break in Beaver, UT.  I am not sure if I should be shocked or impressed with the amount of souvenirs they had. 


that was the best steak I've had from a restaurant. Didn't matter they forgot the silverware.


Always love this view, it's my Officially back in AZ view 



My new cozy rental

Squeezing in the bike between the rock wall and the couch


I can make it 10 steps anywhere in the rental.  


My first day here, honestly, I slept.  It's been a bit of a whirlwind, and adjusting to elevation, and getting settled has wiped me out.  Then I found out I was working the second day here,  when I thought I'd be heading to St George for my race. So, I ended up getting in one day of work before I begin my next adventure.  Traveling to St George for my first 70.3 of the season.  
I'm sure I have more to say, but this honestly is all i can remember at the moment.   The Better Late Then Never Race Report for St George 70.3 should be coming later this week.



Note to Self:  NEVER Travel through 7 states, move, switch jobs, and then head off to do the hardest 70.3 in all the half Ironman's, in one week's time.  It's just not a smart thing.  Really...it's not.




No comments:

Post a Comment