Sunday, March 13, 2016

I Was Lost, But Now I Am Found

This is my Journey into the World of Ironman. It's my journal/documentation of the ups and downs of what it takes to be an age-group athlete training for an Ironman triathlon. This is more of a way for me to remember what I am doing over the course of the training season, as any Ironman Athlete can tell you, sometimes the days can blur into one training day of swim, bike, run after another. So, while some may not find this at all interesting, those that wonder...could I do an Ironman? Do I have what it takes to do an Ironman? I give you a peek into my journey and days to complete my next Ironman.  Forgive any misspelled words/awkward sounding sentences. I'm pretty happy just to get them down on paper. Consider it a test of your mental skills to figure out what I'm saying. Hope you enjoy reading my journey.


   
Current Training Totals:

Swim       46,100 yds             19:49 hr/min

Bike       357.43  Miles          29:35 hr/min

Run        148.04  Miles         32:39 hr/min

Other/                                    15:00 hr/min
Strength

Overall  Training Time:       97:03 hr/min


Well, It's been just shy of a month since I have last posted.  A lot has changed....for the better. I finished up with Twin Falls, ID  assignment the last week of Feb.  I had a few more fun moments with the upstairs neighbors making life there kinda like I was in  "Twilight Twin".  I had a few more serenades in the early morning hours.
The Neighbors jamming to the wee hours of the morning. Stopped around 6 am.


My SI Joint was acting up again for the last week, so I decided with much hesitation to take off three days and just rest it. I did get in a lot of sleep, during the day time. And I got in a few more views of the area.  

                                                                   The hospital- good place.
                                  Evil Knievels failed attempt to jump across the Snake River in 78.

                                              Shoshone  Falls.  at about 40%


                                                         Snake River
                                                Pilar Falls....no where near running. 



And in true Twin Falls send off. As I left on Leap Day.... I attempted to return my cable box, in which I was told they had a drop box if they were not open.  


Not Open, and No Drop Box. 

So the box came with me, and I headed off to Billings, back to my assignment the I left in November.  Which honestly felt like a million years ago.   And off I headed to my Montana "Home".   Had a wonderful 8 hour drive, getting in some really good time.  And some fun snow along the way.  







  Did you know, in Montana, You can make Snow Angels....Standing up!!!
               West Yellowstone, one of my favorite drives along the River.



Ahhhhhhhh....Welcome home.  Greeting Home to Billings with a Amazing Sunset on the Rims above the City.   I missed this place....


So I headed over to my new rental for the next two months.   And I must say....I'm kinda in love.  While it's more expensive then the last place I was at.  I have to say. It's fully furnished, the owner of this HomeAway rental is Super NICE. She has went above and beyond since I've been here.  She put me on a side, where I have no one under me, so I can't disrupt the down stairs neighbors, and her dad lives above me. Who has already proposed to me.  Twice.   And did I mention is a pretty cool place??


            Super soft, King sized bed. One thing I insanely miss from traveling is my own bed.



I unpacked that first night, and settled into my amazingly comfy King Sized bed...and had my first SOLID night's sleep in three months.  That alone made the extra $$ for the rental...worth. every. single. penny.  

                      I miss my East facing sun....:)


                                       The dogs were quite happy too..
                                                     Side area.  


I can't say enough about this place. I spent the first week, catching up on sleep, and settling back into my training routine, my back is feeling better. Finally. Can consider a lot of that from the crappy bed I had in Twin.  Distressing.  I finally am feeling more back to my regular self. I'm out of the Twilight Twin Zone, and feeling normal again. I am Happy again. 



Had my birthday this weekend too. I was a bit down, because this year holds a special place in my heart.  Its' My Favorite Number Birthday. It may sound silly, but I had so much planned to celebrate it. But it all kind of went out the window with my last assignment. I kinda got so lost I forgot to plan it.  I had hoped to go to Bend, OR.  But due to finances, it was not in the cards. So I spent it alone.  I got in a beautiful 7 mile run on the Rims....in 71 degrees.





   Heaven after my 7 mile run...Immediate relief of all sore feet, knees, hips, back  the second I slipped on these amazing ugly suckers....Oofos Sandals. 100% it.


I found out I have free membership to the Anytime Fitness, just a block from my rental....



                                   Blood Orange Mimosas...yummmmmmm

Birthday Breakfast...Sweet Potato Pancakes!!

Mimosas and a Cupcake kind of day!


I got in a nice swim at the Y. I did not get my dip in the hot tub for my birthday...booo

But the boys gave me a lot of love in the morning when I woke up. Kahlua was literally climbing on my lap, which he never does..giving me some much needed birthday kisses. 



 I got a lot of sweet kind birthday wishes from my family and friends over the entire day, which made my day in the end, I didn't feel so alone anymore. 

My very first birthday wish came from my sweet 10 yr old nephew Brogan,  who texted me at 6:20 AM my time to wish me a Happy Birthday.    


(This was on his double digit day.  He turned 10. Nerf Wars were in full effect)


And then I started my first day back at Billings in St. Vincent's. I have to say, it felt like coming home.  It felt like I have been gone forever vs only four months.  Ahhhhhhhh....  Montana...my home away from home (AZ) away from home (MI).   It's good to be back.  


Training has gotten back on track. The only snag is that I had some SI joint pain come back full force just this past weekend. I did an hour of yoga, my PRI exercises, attempted to self distract as taught by the PT, and yes pop the pubis my fellow PT friends. But alas I had not much success. I also, for some reason was extremely fatigued.  I couldn't seem to get enough sleep. It was a pretty busy first week on rehab. I went a little stir crazy on Thursday with 4 showers. I was a bit over heated, and dehydrated I think by the end of the day.   On Wednesday, I literally kicked my own ass with my killer treadmill workout with hill repeats. I could barely make it out of the hot tub after cause my legs were so toasted and tired.  Then I jinxed myself after talking with my Coach on Thursday. It seems like every time I tell her, things are back on track and going better, I have something happen.  Seriously, it's kind of a ridiculous pattern.  Every two weeks, It's like my body says...HA, HA, break time whether you want to or not. It just kinda shuts down.   

But...I'm two months out for St George 70.3. I'm excited to see my Teammates from FC, and my BASE teammates.  I have a rental with two spare queen beds in one room, so if anyone needs a place in St George. Let me know. I will have my dogs with me on the other single room.  

I know there wasn't much on training on this post. But I'm thinking that's okay.  as the title says, I was  pretty lost the last three plus months in Idaho.  But I am back on track and feeling back on track.  I Have found my Groove again.  Thank God.   Happy Training!!!  








No comments:

Post a Comment