Sunday, June 16, 2013

Some Exciting News!!!!!


So…I have some news!  In early May, one of my new Tri buddies from Washington (those wetsuit strippersJ) posted a video about Team FC looking for athletes who are signed up for Ironman AZ, and wanting to put together a squad to train them with a coach.  I filled out an application and after a couple weeks, They selected me to be on their team!! I’m not sure of all the details as of yet. I will get those next week to make sure they will be a good fit with me. But, I ‘m excited at the prospect of having a coach to help me with my Ironman AZ.   This is one of the things on my wish list I wanted, to find a coach.

This actually is coming at a good time. As I have had a not so nice injury to my right hip/leg/tendons. I’m not 100% sure what’s going on. But I’m forced to take a rest break due to it being over inflamed and making it hard to weight bear on my right leg. So once I get the official information from Team FC, I’m most likely going to re vamp my training plan. I’m thinking my August Mountain Man Half Ironman will be off the training schedule. If I’m starting training on July 8th, I want to work my best towards AZ IM with the least amount of injury and right now…that means rest. Not over doing it, and figuring out exactly what is going on.

So, here is to change….


The only way to make sense
 out of change is to plunge
 into it, move with it,
and join the dance.
-Alan Watts.



No comments:

Post a Comment