Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pre Race Mtn Man Half Ironman

Pre Race Mtn Man Half Ironman  Sat. Night before the race.

Well. The time has come. I’m ready to go!   Got in to Flag today around 12 noon.    Headed into town and got a few final items for the race. Then headed out to the race site at Lake Mary.  Did a quick drive on the bike course to get me ready to go and prep by photos.


Then back to race site to sign in. I got my packet, I’m number 143!!  Went to the pre race meeting at 3:30 pm.  What made me start to get excited is that when I looked at the orange bouys that mark the ½ Ironman swim, they didn’t look that far apart. I recall freaking out with the Olympic last year.  Not so this year!  My nerves were calming down more. But, I still had them to “get” in the water, which thanks to feeling hot, and my support crew “Stacy” and her encouragement and me using my mantra in my head---put your head in the water and swim dammit! ,we changed into our suits, sans wetsuit as I didn’t want it to get in a wet wetsuit tomorrow morning when it was cold. Yes, that seems silly, but, until you try to pull on a wet “wetsuit” you  won’t understand.  I had one of my best swims in the water, I felt so comfortable. The water was in the 70s so it was a bit cold, but after a few minutes, my arms felt numb and it was actually kind of nice. I must admit that swimming without a wetsuit for me seems….risky. it’s my “snuggie”  if you will to feel safe in the water. But I felt so free! I felt comfortable and was able to get in a good pace swimming for a good distance. I began practicing breathing five on one side, sight the bouy and then breath five on my right side, Repeat. I exited the water after 30 minutes feeling confident and READY!!  
huh...same video...just posted 2x.

We had dinner with a new Tri friend for Tucson at Oreganos, which sadly I’ve learned that they no longer offer my favorite Big O’ Ravioli.    But back at the hotel and going through all my last minute things for my transition bag and race gear. Prepping for 70 degrees, rainy all day, and a GREAT RACE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment