Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wind: EMBRACE IT!

So.. It's been a while!  I have be busy...training..so I have been to tired to post on  my blog. It's a pretty amazing journey so far...learning about what I can do and how far I'm willing to push myself..and not. I had my first "Brick workout" yesterday. A 2500yd swim, 17 mile bike ride and 30 min run. So basically, I did a triathlon. I did good. My nutrition was better then planned to. I had a gu before the swim, then several chews at the start of my ride. A gu 1/2 way in to my ride, and then several more gu's on the run, while sipping gatorage every 5 min for a "swish".  I felt good at the end. That is the important thing! Trainig coming along!   

WIND:  I have learned that here in AZ. I will ALWAYS have to train with wind. Sometimes I can leave my house at 7 am and it's forcasted to be 12 mph...and expect that by the time I hit the turn around ( less then 60 min later) . It will be 25-30 mph wind with gusts up to 45 mph. Yep...I'd say that's good training for Kona. At least I'm starting to feel more comfortable in my aero bars with the wind. well at least a headwind. I'm still a bit iffy on the side winds that try to knock me off my bike!   My new mantra for wind?  Embrace it. Is that all you got? I'm gonna kill it! Bring it on!  Among other words that I'm not sure I should post on here! 

Finished 29 mile ride today that was a good 20 mph headwind, sidewind, swirly all over wind by the time I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment